Seastrom Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Job Title: Accounting SupervisorDepartment: Administrative, 90
Report To: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SEASTROM CORE BEHAVIORS:
Professionalism: Able to follow directions, has a good work ethic, and dependable.
Inter-personal Skills: Able to work with others and maintain working relationships.
Problem Solving and Adaptability: Able to make informed decisions in an ever changing environment.
Personal Value Commitment: Demonstrate honesty, respect for others, and adherence to company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various internal financial statements and reports.
- Directs and assists the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Establish & maintain budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain Fixed Asset listings.
- Assist in establishing and implementing goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting and payroll.
- Integrity, Respect, and Trustworthiness.
- Provide simple and complex written and spoken communication links.
- Demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding and software application usage.
- Maintain within levels of stress, deadlines, and occasional extended schedules.
- Work in a safe and professional manner, keep a clean work area, and wear proper protective equipment.
- Cooperation with supervisor and co-workers, willing to work as a team.
- Show by example: temperament, professionalism, and teamwork.
- Timely arrival and regular attendance at work.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Willing to work any shift.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee Accounting Department staff: A/P and A/R clerks.
- Liaison with Auditors and Tax accountants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Required: Experience in Financial and Cost Accounting.
- Preferred: Certified Public Accountant.
Above average ability to read, write and speak the English language with comprehension skills sufficient to comply with safety standards and job performance expectations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or grab; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is required to sit for extensive lengths of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the environment is quiet.
Revised By: Bob Kervian
Revised Date: 5/23/2016